Re: Clock Tamer Configuration GUI errors

Message has been deleted

sergey kostanbaev

Mar 23, 2011, 1:27:16 PM3/23/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com, Roman
Yes, it's normal behavior. LED is on in two conditions:
1. The Clocktamer is connected to USB port.
2. The Clocktamer is in USB-DFU mode for firmware update, but in this mode it lights permanently whether it's connected to USB or not

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Roman <roman.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, when i connect the CLOCK via USB, i see green LED, but when i'm
attaching it to my USRP - no LED light, does it should be so ?

sergey kostanbaev

Mar 23, 2011, 1:30:26 PM3/23/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com, Roman
I've never experienced such errors. Could you describe you configuration? What linux distro are you using? What are versions for main packages for the GUI?

Also please describe how did you connect your Clocktamer. Is it powered from USB?

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Roman <roman.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a clock timer ClockTamer SW=1.2 API=1, tried to change the
frequency to 64 Mhz via GUI configurator. Connected the clock via
miniUSB.
When i firstly run the configurator i get:
user@ubuntu:~/clock-tamer/host/tamer-gui$ ./tb.py
CMD='HWI' RET='LMX=2080 LMK=1010 OSC=20'
CMD='VER' RET='ClockTamer SW=1.2 API=1'
Tamer version: 1.2
CMD='INF,,AUT' RET='INF,,AUT,0000000001'
CMD='INF,IOS,ENB' RET='INF,IOS,ENB,0000000001'
CMD='INF,,OSC' RET='INF,,OSC,0020000000'
CMD='INF,,OUT' RET='INF,,OUT,0052000000'
CMD='INF,LMK,PRT' RET='INF,LMK,PRT,0000000002'

Changing "Fout" field to 64'000'000 Hz, and clicking SET button - is
ok:
CMD='SET,LMK,PRT,2' RET='OK'
CMD='SET,,OSC,20000000' RET='OK'
CMD='SET,,OUT,64000000' RET='OK'
CMD='SET,IOS,ENB,1' RET='OK'
CMD='SET,,AUT,1' RET='OK'

 But when i try to STORE to EEPROM, it gives me IO error: IO ERROR!
 If i try to click it several times - sometimes it gives ok:
CMD='STE' RET='OK'

Clicking LOAD EEPROM button always gives me error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./tb.py", line 137, in onLoadEeprom
   self.onGet()
 File "./tb.py", line 142, in onGet
   self.obj.cbAutoStart.setChecked(data)
TypeError: QAbstractButton.setChecked(bool): argument 1 has unexpected
type 'NoneType'

So are these errors normal ?

I try to run OpenBTS with this clock, but for now it is no success, i
get "ALARM 3069348720 TRXManager.cpp:87:clockHandler: TRX clock
>>interface timed out, assuming TRX is dead". That's why i try to find the problem from all the aspects.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted