Re: Enquiry Chang

Alexander Chemeris

Aug 4, 2011, 4:27:19 AM8/4/11
to Chang, Sergey Kostanbaev, clock...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chang,

I'm CC'ing ClockTamer mailing list - I recommend you to subscribe to
this mailing list and post your questions there.

Some answers below inline.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 21:30, Chang <chang...@naver.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm planning to purchase your clock tamer for my college  graduation project.

Do you plan to use it with USRP? What's your end goal?

> Well I major in hardware engineering so I need a little help in this device's software stuff.
>
> I use Windows 7 OS, do I need Linux to develop and code this ?

Well, you can develop the code under any OS which has a text editor :)
Under Windows you should be able to compile it with Windows port of
avr-gcc and then use AVR Studio to flash it, but this is not
documented right now, so you're on your own with this way. Under Linux
you can use our Makefile which automate building and flasing. Also you
could use our GUI to control ClockTamer under Linux.

Note, that we recommend you to get AVRDragon and ClockTamer dev.kit to
do full re-flash and (more importantly) debug your code.

> I need some basics about running this thing.
>
> Like, when I connect this with a usb connector, does it run on its own or do I need some special programs to run and program the clock?

By default it clock generation starts right after power on, but this
is controlled by a flag in EEPROM, so you can control this.

> Where can I find the manual?

The only available documentation is at the project page at Google Code:
http://code.google.com/p/clock-tamer/
We're looking to extend it and would appreciate any help in writing
more manuals, tutorials, etc.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.