[Fwd: [Product informatie / Product information] Clocktamer GPS]

Moe

Aug 2, 2011, 6:17:44 PM8/2/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I got this question if it is possible to input a 1PPS signal into a
non-GPS clocktamer.

I think that should be possible.
I think you will need to solder on a 1 PPS input and flash the
clocktamer with GPS-enabled firmware.

Am I right ?

Any caveats, since the GPS chip is missing ?

Anybody care to write a short manual for that.
(Which pin to use for PPS input.
How to flash with GPS -enabled firmware.)

Thanks ,

Martin

Aug 3, 2011, 2:11:24 PM8/3/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We need to know HW and SW version of the ClockTamer to tell
definitely. A high-res picture of both sides would be also helpful.

But in general you're correct - if hardware is capable, then you can
use external 1PPS signal instead of GPS.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.

Moe

Aug 4, 2011, 9:01:20 PM8/4/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com
Hi
On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 22:11 +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need to know HW and SW version of the ClockTamer to tell
> definitely. A high-res picture of both sides would be also helpful.

This would be for a new to buy clocktamer.
So this would be for the latest batch with half-LVDS outputs.

Martin

Alexander Chemeris

Aug 5, 2011, 3:21:20 AM8/5/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 05:01, Moe <moeg...@olifantasia.com> wrote:
> Hi
> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 22:11 +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We need to know HW and SW version of the ClockTamer to tell
>> definitely. A high-res picture of both sides would be also helpful.
>>
> This would be for a new to buy clocktamer.
> So this would be for the latest batch with half-LVDS outputs.

To make sure I understand you correctly - is it for a ClockTamer which
were already sold (it doesn't have GPS module soldered) or for a
ClockTamer which is going to be sold now (it has a broken GPS ship
soldered)?

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.

Moe

Aug 7, 2011, 10:18:15 AM8/7/11
to clock...@googlegroups.com
It is for a clocktamer which is going to be sold now.

I suspect that the user already has some 1 PPS signal available.

The question refrased would then be:
If I buy a standard non_GPS clocktamer now, can I then (later) put in my
own 1 PPS signal in some way?

If this is possible then how do I do it?

Cheers,

Martin