Announcing ClojureBridge Bangalore (3rd edition)

Sezal Jain

Feb 18, 2021, 1:06:58 AM2/18/21
to Clojure Users Group Pune
Hello!

We are running our first fully remote Clojure Bridge on Mar 12-13, 2021.

ClojureBridge is a fun, friendly, free, and beginner-friendly Clojure workshop for women and non-binary folks. We are community driven, with volunteer teachers and organisers.

The 3rd edition, being fully-remote, is open to volunteer teachers and participants from anywhere!

For the same reason, we also hope to assemble a group that is overwhelmingly female and non-binary, because remote removes the usual physical barriers and (some) psychological barriers to participating in-person.

To attend: Please register for the event here: Meetup Event

To volunteer: Please read the information below and fill in your details in the form below.

Volunteering:

The workshop is a mix of teaching sessions and hands-on problem solving. We have two "primary" instructors to lead the teaching sessions (Sezal and Nivedita), and several "floating" instructors to help people with difficulties.

We break out into groups of 5, with one "floating" instructor per group.

This time we will try to accommodate 70 learners, and so will need 70 / 5 = at least 14 Volunteer instructors.

Volunteer teachers must be practicing Clojure programmers, with a fair grasp of the language, development workflow, tooling, and the library ecosystem. You use (or have used) Clojure for work or hobby or study. And you would love to help others like you dive into the weird and wonderful world of Clojure!

May the source be with you!

Vedang

Feb 18, 2021, 3:59:32 AM2/18/21
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for messaging us here @Sezal!

I have shared the CljBridgeBlr Tweet about volunteer signup in our Company Slack channel, hopefully some folks will sign up to volunteer!

Cheers and best of luck,
Vedang

Cheers,
Vedang