1.3 Release?

2tothe8th

Nov 18, 2012, 8:35:25 PM11/18/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
First of all it's great to see some life breathed back into this project.  I'm wondering when we can expect a final 1.3 release.  I'm looking to start a project with noir in the next week or two.  Thanks.

David

Anthony Grimes

Nov 19, 2012, 6:36:17 AM11/19/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could answer this, but I really can't. Chris would have to make that decision. He had a couple of issues he wanted to address before the 1.3 release (last time I heard, anyways). Either way, the -beta releases are stable, so you can certainly use them. I know it feels wrong to use -beta releases and such though.

David Sargeant

Nov 19, 2012, 9:32:08 AM11/19/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Anthony.  Much appreciated.

Chris Granger

Nov 19, 2012, 2:28:17 PM11/19/12
to clj-noir
No one seems to be worried about the things I originally thought needed done. We can go ahead and release 1.3.0 proper.

Cheers,
Chris.

David Sargeant

Nov 19, 2012, 2:29:21 PM11/19/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome news.

David

Anthony Grimes

Nov 19, 2012, 2:32:33 PM11/19/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Cool.

I can release it, but I can't update the website and stuff. If you want to give me access to the website and whatever else needs updating (pretty sure it's just the website), I can get it released over thanksgiving (because I'm currently stuck in a hospital in Raleigh).

Chris Granger

Nov 19, 2012, 2:39:40 PM11/19/12
to clj-noir
Transfered it, but don't worry about that - just get better :(

Cheers,
Chris.

Anthony Grimes

Nov 19, 2012, 2:53:37 PM11/19/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
It was actually my mother. All is well now. (Replying here for outside reference, even though I replied to your direct email)

Toby Crawley

Nov 21, 2012, 10:50:22 PM11/21/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Anthony:

Would it be possible to merge bultitude#13[1] and include that in the noir 1.3 release? This would allow load-views-ns to work in Immutant, and with other classloaders that aren't/don't extend URLClassLoader. I've added an issue to noir[2] to track this as well.

-Toby

[1]: https://github.com/Raynes/bultitude/pull/13
[2]: https://github.com/noir-clojure/noir/issues/136

On Nov 19, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Anthony Grimes <discip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool.
>
> I can release it, but I can't update the website and stuff. If you want to give me access to the website and whatever else needs updating (pretty sure it's just the website), I can get it released over thanksgiving (because I'm currently stuck in a hospital in Raleigh).

---
Toby Crawley
http://immutant.org | http://torquebox.org

Anthony Grimes

Nov 21, 2012, 10:52:52 PM11/21/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
The only reason it hasn't been merged is because I forgot about it and rarely have to look at bultitude's github page. You bet. I'll get all that done over the next couple of days.

Anthony Grimes

Nov 25, 2012, 3:05:58 PM11/25/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys. I got pretty busy with stuff over the weekend. Probably going to be next weekend before I get the release out because there are some breaking changes I'd like to introduce to lib-noir. Do not fret, for I promise I will not forget! I have it all on my todoist todo list with dates set for next weekend, so I shall not forget!

Anthony Grimes

Dec 2, 2012, 7:12:56 AM12/2/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
Update on the release.

I'm almost done. Noir itself is ready to go, but I've got to update the website and such. The website is proving difficult to update due to a lot of bad code (no offense, Chris) and ancient libraries. If I don't get it done today (and I probably wont), I should be able to by next weekend. Not much left to do.

Chris Granger

Dec 2, 2012, 9:01:08 PM12/2/12
to clj-noir
Yeah, that code is *old*, even before the vendetta against "use" started :)

To save everyone headaches, I ported all of it over to a jekyll based site under the jekylled branch. Once Anthony updates that stuff with the latest, I'll merge it into master and we'll be on our merry way.

Cheers,
Chris.

Anthony Grimes

Dec 9, 2012, 10:04:59 PM12/9/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com
I have released 1.3.0 to clojars and updated the (very little that needed updated) website. Just merge it to master and send it to the internets. I did notice that there is some formatting issues in the tutorials. In particular, it appears apostrophes are being rendered as ™ and stuff.

After that, you wanna do the release announcement or should I?

John Gabriele

Dec 10, 2012, 9:55:49 AM12/10/12
to clj-...@googlegroups.com

Maybe also update the copyright date (year) in the README.md and at the bottom of http://www.webnoir.org/ .