working notes available

Eneko

Sep 20, 2008, 7:35:07 AM9/20/08
to cli...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

those of you who did not register for the Robust WSD task at CLEF might
be wondering what happened since the call for participation was issued
last March... you can find all the details on the working notes and
slides available though our website (http://ixa2.si.ehu.es/clirwsd),
including the report from the organization and the participants. Note
that the working notes are preliminary versions of the final
proceedings, which will be published next year by Springer.

The exercise was a success, with 10 pariticipants, and some top scoring
teams obtaining improvements with WSD. The best GMAP figure was for a
run using WSD information, albeit the difference was very small. We plan
to pursue a deeper analysis of the results.

Robust-WSD will be also offered next year, on a very similar setting,
with very few changes.

Don't hesitate to contact me (or the list) if you have any question or
comment.

best

Eneko Agirre