Update on task 1

Eneko

Feb 16, 2007, 10:45:33 AM2/16/07
to semeval task1 clir

Dear interested participants,

in order to facilitate your participation in this task we have done
the following:
- the test data will be available in a format amenable for feeding ML
supervised WSD systems, that is, in word-by-word files where features
have already been extracted
- Semcor is available in the same word-by-word format, with the same
extracted features
- a script is available to form the required output from Senseval
scorer formats

All these files are available in the website of the task (http://
ixa2.si.ehu.es/semeval-clir/). If you need assistance, please don't
hesitate to ask.

Please note the steps in order to participate (which differ from other
tasks):
1. download trial data
2. fax and mail a signed-in copy of the end user agreement
3. register in the Semeval website
4. the organizers will send the user/pwd necessary to download the
test data from the CLEF website (from Feb. 26 onwards)
5. upload the output files in the Semeval website (prior to Mar. 19
and not later than 14 days after downloading test data)

Note also that we have different deadlines:
- given the overload of expanding and scoring the systems, the dealine
for uploading results is tighter than other Semeval tasks (26 of
March).
- given the amount of text to be tagged, participants have 2 weeks to
submit results starting from test data download time.

If you have any question, we will be pleased to assist you.

Best

eneko
on behalf of the organizing team

Eneko

Feb 21, 2007, 8:55:20 AM2/21/07
to semeval task1 clir

Dear interested participants,

there has been two changes in the website:

- a new version of the Semcor features has been made available, fixing
a small bug
- following some changes in the general Semeval procedure, the
instruction for participations have been slightly modified:

1. download trial data
2. fax and mail a signed-in copy of the end user agreement

3. the organizers will send the user/pwd necessary to download the

test data from the CLEF website

4. register in the Semeval website
5. participants click on the download button of the registration

website (from Feb. 26 onwards)

6. upload the output files in the Semeval website (prior to Mar. 26

and not later than 14 days after downloading test data)

best

eneko