topics doubt

1 view

Annalina

May 14, 2009, 2:48:06 PM5/14/09
to Robust WSD Task at CLEF, pierpaol...@gmail.com
Dear all,
I have some doubts about the training data 2009.
Are you sure that Spanish topics are disambiguated?
I noticed that all synsets appear with a score equal to 1.
Moreover, I can not find the test topic 2009: are they available?
In the Clef web site I found only training topics.

Best regards,
Annalina

Eneko Agirre

May 14, 2009, 4:01:17 PM5/14/09
to cli...@googlegroups.com

Annalina,

we will look into the Spanish topics, and let you know asap.

The test topics are not available from the CLEF website, but from
DIRECT, which manages download of test topics and uploading and
analyzing results. You should have received a message with passwords and
instructions to download the test topics entitled "Topics for track(s)
AH-ROBUST-CLEF2009 are now available." If not you should contact the
CLEF organizers, as they manage the CLEF and DIRECT systems.

The *disambiguated* topics will be made available shortly directly from us.

Please let us know if there is any problem, setting up the task data is
a complex task involving more than four people in four different sites.

best

eneko
--

---------------------http://ji.ehu.es/eneko------------------

Eneko Agirre

Informatika Fakultatea mailto: e.ag...@ehu.es
649 p.k. - 20.080 Donostia fax: (+34) 943 015590
Euskal Herria / Basque Country tel: (+34) 943 015019

Currently Visiting Associate Professor at Stanford .
Dept. of Computer Science .
Gates Building 1A .
353 Serra Mall .
Stanford CA 94305-9010, USA tel: +1 (650) 721-6840

Arantxa Otegi

May 15, 2009, 4:42:07 AM5/15/09
to cli...@googlegroups.com, arantz...@ehu.es, pierpaol...@gmail.com
Annalina,
Spanish topics are OK. They are disambiguated using the first sense
heuristic. That's why each word is tagged with only ONE synset (the most
frequent sense). As there is only one synset per word, all the scores
are equal to 1.

Don't hesitate to write us If you have any more doubts

Best regards,
Arantxa