TREC training topic doubt

Annalina

May 20, 2009, 10:25:53 AM5/20/09
to Robust WSD Task at CLEF
Dear all,

I noticed a strange stuff about TREC training topics.
I checked if the relevant documents of TREC topics are also into the
collection and
I realized that there is no correspondence.
For example, considering the topic 10.2452/603-TREC-AH, the following
documents are relevant:
LA010690-0080
LA012090-0002
LA052689-0103
LA092590-0088
LA102390-0109
but no one is present in the collection.
I found this bug due to trec_eval tool because for each TREC topic no
relevant document has been retrieved.

Best regards,
Annalina

Arantxa Otegi

May 21, 2009, 1:10:37 PM5/21/09
to cli...@googlegroups.com

Dear participants,

due to an unfortunate mismatch among the TREC topics, the TREC
relevance judgements and the CLEF documents, we will need to drop the
TREC topics from training and testing.
DIRECT will only evaluate runs for the CLEF topics, as detailed in the
task description:
- CLEF 2003 141-200
- CLEF 2005 251-300
- CLEF 2006 301-350

We are very sorry about the inconveniences caused.

best

Robust-WSD organization

Annalina <fana...@gmail.com>(e)k idatzi du: