RE: REQUEST FOR HELP REGARDING CLIPS

mmou mogapi

Apr 20, 2024, 4:40:58 PMApr 20
to CLIPSESG
Good day

I need help in integrating the clips source code into the interface created using qt creator. I am requesting help in what code I should include for it to create environment for clips in the qt creator. This is for my school project which I am currently working on.

I hope my request will be considered and thank you in advance.

Regards
Ivan Mogapi

CLIPS Support

Apr 22, 2024, 10:12:36 PMApr 22
to CLIPSESG
If you download the CLIPS source code, there's a makefile you can use to generate a library file for CLIPS. I've never used QT creator, but I assume there's some way to integrate a C/C++ library within your project.

mmou mogapi

Apr 24, 2024, 2:15:06 PMApr 24
to CLIPSESG
Screenshot (135).png

Good day once more

When i locate the file sir and try to run make it does not respond and gives out the above error. Surprisingly I have downloaded the MinGW and added to system variable but it still makes out the error. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong sir.

Message has been deleted

CLIPS Support

Apr 25, 2024, 1:24:50 PMApr 25
to CLIPSESG
Using Command Prompt, first verify that your path variable includes the directory of the application you want to run. Then verify that the application you want to run is in that directory. If so, you should be able to run it without specifying the directory, but you can also try explicitly running the application by specifying the complete path.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.3447]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\garyriley>echo %Path%
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Applications;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.17\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\SafeNet\Authentication\SAC\x64;C:\Program Files\SafeNet\Authentication\SAC\x32;C:\Users\garyriley\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\garyriley\.dotnet\tools;

C:\Users\garyriley>dir "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.17\bin\java.exe"
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 4C4C-5DBE

 Directory of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.17\bin

12/05/2022  08:11 PM            53,912 java.exe
               1 File(s)         53,912 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  182,951,157,760 bytes free

C:\Users\garyriley>java -version
java version "11.0.17" 2022-10-18 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.17+10-LTS-269)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.17+10-LTS-269, mixed mode)

C:\Users\garyriley>"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.17\bin\java" -version
java version "11.0.17" 2022-10-18 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.17+10-LTS-269)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.17+10-LTS-269, mixed mode)

C:\Users\garyriley>

mmou mogapi

Apr 25, 2024, 1:51:09 PMApr 25
to CLIPSESG
Im not really using command prompt but rather clips IDE. The command prompt i am using it so that it could extract the libraries for clips that are needed in the qt creatorinterface

mmou mogapi

Apr 25, 2024, 1:54:33 PMApr 25
to CLIPSESG
Yes, sir I have verified that the path variable includes the clips which is the application I want to run. But still the problem persists sir same as those above errors. I just do not know what the problem is really sir because I am doing everything right.

CLIPS Support

Apr 25, 2024, 4:49:54 PMApr 25
to CLIPSESG
Adding the directory in which the CLIPS application is located to your path is not going to help with your issue of running the make executable which I suppose is part of MinGW. The directory in which make.exe is located needs to be added to your path.

mmou mogapi

Apr 27, 2024, 5:44:59 AMApr 27
to CLIPSESG
Good day once more.

I have successfully added make and the system now recognizes it. But the problem which persists is when i try to run make after choosing path it inputs the error: No targets specified and no makefile found.
Screenshot (146).png

CLIPS Support

Apr 27, 2024, 1:02:00 PMApr 27
to CLIPSESG
Entering just 'make' will only work if there's a file named 'makefile' with no extension. So you either need to remove the extension from the makefile you want to use or specify the -f option with make (e.g. 'make -f makefile.lib'). I would also suggest using the source code for CLIPS 6.4 rather than using 6.3.

CLIPS Support

Apr 27, 2024, 7:01:44 PMApr 27
to CLIPSESG
I was able to get 6.4.1 code downloaded from SourceForge to compile with mingw.

I installed mingw from here: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/releases/.

I included these two directories in my path:

C:\MinGW\bin
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin

I added these lines to makefile in the 6.4.1 core directory:

ifeq ($(PLATFORM),MINGW32_NT-6.2)
CLIPS_OS = LINUX
WARNINGS = -Wall -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wshadow -Wstrict-aliasing \
               -Winline -Wredundant-decls -Waggregate-return
endif

The constant MINGW32_NT-6.2 may be different depending on which mingw installation you use.

I was able to determine this value for my installation by adding this line:

$(info $$PLATFORM is [${PLATFORM}])

after this line in the makefile:

PLATFORM = $(shell uname -s)

When I issued a make command, the platform was printed and I can then use this value in the prior ifeq command.