system description papers due Mon 27 Feb 2017

Bethard, Steven John - (bethard)

Feb 15, 2017, 1:45:10 PM2/15/17
to Clinical TempEval
Thanks everyone for participating in Clinical TempEval 2017. If you have not already, please start preparing your system description paper as per the guidelines here:

http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/index.php?id=papers

Please:

1. Make sure all authors have a SoftConf account. If any do not, go to https://www.softconf.com/acl2017/semeval/ and follow the link for “New user? please register first by clicking HERE.”

2. When uploading your paper to SoftConf, make sure that you link all author accounts in the submission form. (If they’re only in the PDF and not in the submission form, the metadata for your paper will be wrong.)

3. Make sure you submit your paper no later than Mon 27 Feb 2017.

If you run into any troubles, please let us know!

Steven Bethard
Assistant Professor
School of Information
University of Arizona

Sarath P R

Feb 16, 2017, 4:07:21 AM2/16/17
to clinical-tempeval
Dear Steven,

SemEval instructions mentions 4 page paper for single task. But I think ACL allows total of 5 pages after acceptance.
So is it OK to use 5 pages for system description paper ?

Also could you please inform the number of test records against which the systems were evaluated ? Is it total 300 brain cancer records or portion of that ?
--
Sarath

Bethard, Steven John - (bethard)

Feb 16, 2017, 9:30:06 AM2/16/17
to clinical-tempeval

The SemEval limits are different from the ACL ones. SemEval strongly recommends that you stick to 4 pages if at all possible.

There were 148 notes in the test set. I’ll put all the statistics about the dataset in the task description paper, so for your system description papers, you don’t need to repeat that, you can just cite the task description paper. (SemEval will have a procedure this year that posts the BibTeX for all papers before the final proceedings are produced so that we can all easily cite each other.) Of course, if you need those stats to make a point in your system description paper, of course go ahead and do that.

As a side note, the reviewing procedure for SemEval this year will give you all a chance to look at the task description paper and send any feedback on it before it is finalized for the proceedings.

Steve

André Lamúrias

Feb 20, 2017, 10:39:43 AM2/20/17
to clinical-tempeval
Hi Steven,

What is the exact time of the submission deadline? I could not find that information in the softconf portal.

André Lamúrias

Bethard, Steven John - (bethard)

Feb 20, 2017, 11:53:31 AM2/20/17
to André Lamúrias, clinical-tempeval

The SemEval website has been updated to include a timezone, GMT -12:00. As long as it’s still Mon 27 Feb 2017 anywhere on earth, you can still make your submission.

Steve