Fw: SemEval 2016 paper deadline extended to March 4

Steven J Bethard

Feb 25, 2016, 10:36:52 PM2/25/16
to clinical...@googlegroups.com
The paper submission deadline for Clinical TempEval has been extended by a week. See below.
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:35 PM
To: semeval-tas...@googlegroups.com; seme...@googlegroups.com
Subject: SemEval 2016 paper deadline extended to March 4

Due to similar requests from multiple tasks, we are extending the deadline to submit your SemEval 2016 task or system paper until March 4, 2016. The schedule on the SemEval website (http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2016/) has been updated accordingly and is repeated below:

Paper submission due: March 4, 2016
Paper reviews due: March 23, 2016
Author Notifications: March 25, 2016
Camera ready due: April 7, 2016

Task organizers, if your task participants are on a separate list, please forward this information to them.

Steven Bethard, Marine Carpuat, Daniel Cer, David Jurgens, Preslav Nakov, Torsten Zesch
The SemEval 2016 Chairs

Sarath P R

Mar 27, 2016, 12:01:28 AM3/27/16
to clinical-tempeval
Dear Steven,

Have you released author notifications ?

Regards,
Sarath

Steven J Bethard

Mar 27, 2016, 12:11:30 AM3/27/16
to Sarath P R, clinical-tempeval

No, sorry. SemEval is trying to release all author notifications at the same time, and some of the other tasks were not as efficient as we were in Clinical TempEval. Hopefully the notifications will go out within the next day or so.

Steve​

Mar 27, 2016, 12:14:29 AM3/27/16
to clinical-tempeval, sarath...@gmail.com
Dear Steven,

Got it. Thank you very much for the information.

Manikandan R

Apr 4, 2016, 10:41:05 PM4/4/16
to clinical-tempeval
Dear Steven,
NAACL guidelines for length of submission for short paper says

"Short papers may consist of up to four (4) pages of content, plus unlimited
pages for references. Upon acceptance, short papers
will be given five (5) pages in the proceedings and
unlimited pages for references."

Previously before review my paper was around 4 pages, now currently after revision for camera ready version its around 5 pages. This is ok for submission right?

Steven J Bethard

Apr 4, 2016, 10:50:41 PM4/4/16
to Manikandan R, clinical-tempeval

Yes, as per the SemEval instructions (http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2016/index.php?id=call-for-papers), "A system description paper has a recommended length of 4 pages of content, with a maximum length of 6 pages."

Steve

Apr 5, 2016, 10:05:44 PM4/5/16
to clinical-tempeval, vishnum...@gmail.com
Steven,

Regarding title as per the SemEval instructions (http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2016/index.php?id=call-for-papers

The title should follow the pattern "<Team> at SemEval-2016 Task <XXX>: ..." where <TEAM> is the team ID used for your system at SemEval-2016, <XXX> is the task(s) you participated in, and "..." is where the rest of the title of your paper goes.

Here does XXX correspond to task number (12) or task name (Clinical TempEval)? and team ID is same as our team name right?

Steven J Bethard

Apr 5, 2016, 10:52:54 PM4/5/16
to Manikandan R, clinical-tempeval

Yes, XXX is 12, and team ID is your team name.

Steve​

Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:05 PM
To: clinical-tempeval
Cc: vishnum...@gmail.com