Installing evaluation tool

catheri...@ucdconnect.ie

Nov 25, 2016, 9:41:19 AM11/25/16
to clinical-tempeval
Hi there,
I am trying to install anaforatools and running into a whole heap of problems.
I really only need the evaluation tool to get the Recall, Precision and F1 scores, but I understand I first need to install Anafora, which requires Apache2, Django and wsgi_mod. If there was an easier may around this, I would be only too delighted!

I have installed Django and wsgi in a virtual environment and I get as far the the It Worked - Congratulations page (as per very nice tutorial at https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-serve-django-applications-with-apache-and-mod_wsgi-on-ubuntu-16-04)

So far so good... I have a drectory structure
myproject
myproject
myprojectenv
static
manage.py

I downloaded the Anafora code - directory structure is
anafora
src
main
templates
etc.

Where should this code go? I tried putting it in myproject as a new Django app.
When I do this, and go to localhost/myproject/anafora or localhost/anafora in the browser, I get error message "No module named urls" in module myproject/urls.py.

urlpatterns = [
    url(r'^anafora/', include('anafora.urls')),
]

I also tried url(r'^anafora/', include('anafora.src.main.web.urls')), but to no avail.

I have updated /etc/apache2/site-available/000-default.conf with
Alias /anafora/static /home/catherine/myproject/anafora/src/main/static
WSGIScriptAlias /anafora /home/catherine/myproject/anafora/src/main/web/wsgi.py

I am a little unsure about the WSGIPythonPath. When I add this to 000-default.conf, Apache2 won't start.

Some other problems I hit along the way - "cannot import name patterns". This seems to be a common problem.

I am running
Ubuntu 16.04
Python 2.7.10
Apache 2.4.18
Django 1.10.3

Perhaps I'm over-complicating this - I hope so - and maybe someone will give me an easy solution.
Thanks,
Catherine Kerr

Bethard, Steven John - (bethard)

Nov 25, 2016, 10:15:17 AM11/25/16
to catheri...@ucdconnect.ie, clinical-tempeval
You don’t need to install anafora to run the evaluation tool. The evaluation tool is a separate repository, anaforatools:

https://github.com/bethard/anaforatools

For the evaluation part of anaforatools, you shoudn’t need to install anything other than Python.

Steve

catheri...@ucdconnect.ie

Nov 25, 2016, 11:37:09 AM11/25/16
to clinical-tempeval, catheri...@ucdconnect.ie
Thanks for getting back Steve.
When I tried that originally, it was failing on import anafora. I was obviously running in incorrect directory. I feel like a right plonker :(
Learned a bit about Django though - nothing is a waste of time :)

Regards,
Catherine