Issues with Converting ADNI_go Data to BIDS Format

mtmmu (mtmmu)

Jan 11, 2024, 9:37:17 PMJan 11
to Clinica
Dear Clinica team:
I am reaching out to request assistance with a technical challenge I am facing with data obtained from the ADNI database. The issue I am encountering concerns the conversion of ADNI_go data into the BIDS format.
I am currently operating on a macOS system, using Python version 3.9, and Clinica version 0.7.6. When selecting T1 images from the ADNI_go dataset for BIDS conversion, I am confronted with an error message indicating that the dataset is empty. This is a significant concern as it impedes my ability to proceed with the necessary data analysis.This issue is demonstrated as follows:
161705025684_.pic.jpg
171705025739_.pic.jpg191705026702_.pic.jpg
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/bin/clinica", line 8, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/clinica/cmdline.py", line 92, in main cli() File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__ return self.main(*args, **kwargs) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1078, in main rv = self.invoke(ctx) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1688, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1688, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 783, in invoke return __callback(*args, **kwargs) File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/clinica/iotools/converters/adni_to_bids/adni_to_bids_cli.py", line 74, in cli adni_to_bids.convert_clinical_data( File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/clinica/iotools/converters/adni_to_bids/adni_to_bids.py", line 147, in convert_clinical_data adni_utils.create_adni_sessions_dict( File "/Users/mac/miniconda3/envs/clinica/lib/python3.9/site-packages/clinica/iotools/converters/adni_to_bids/adni_utils.py", line 980, in create_adni_sessions_dict raise ValueError("Empty dataset detected. Clinical data cannot be extracted.") ValueError: Empty dataset detected. Clinical data cannot be extracted.

Furthermore, when attempting to convert the entire ADNI_go dataset, I encounter an error midway through the process, stating that part of the data cannot be found. After making adjustments to the source code, the conversion process completes, but it only includes Flair imaging. Intriguingly, when I incorporate the -mT1 command into the conversion, I am again met with an error regarding an empty dataset, despite the presence of T1-weighted (T1w) images within the dataset.the inability to convert T1w imaging is illustrated as follows:181705026651_.pic.jpg

This situation is perplexing, given that the dataset clearly contains T1w images, yet they seem to be inaccessible or unrecognized in the conversion process. I am keen to understand the root cause of this issue and would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you could provide.

Your expert assistance in this matter would be invaluable, not only for my current project but potentially for others who might encounter similar challenges.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your response and any insights you can offer.

Sincerely,

mtmmu