Fortran users, do you exist ?

Matthieu Herrb

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
to Marc Espie
You wrote (in your message from Tuesday 25)
> This is a *REPOST*.
>
> I really would LIKE feedback on that patch.

It creates files with the execution bit set in file modes, which is
probably not want you want. Replace 0777 with 0666 at line 89 of your
patch to fix that.

Otherwise it seems to work OK for me (i.e. the fsplit output is the
same on a small set of fortran files before and after the patch, and I
verified that it's correct from the Fortran language point of view). I
haven't reviewed closely what are the issues this patch is supposed to
fix and if it achieve its goal, but it look right at first sight.

> If I have NOTHING in a week, I'm going to ask Theo that
>

> WE REMOVE FORTRAN 77
>

> from future distributions of OpenBSD.

Please don't rely on me to test every fortran related change, and if
no one else cares, feel free to remove g77 and fortran related tools
from the tree.

Matthieu