[CCA] [Climate Change Action] Climate Justice Action: Join the planning, support th...

Calvin Jones

May 13, 2010, 5:16:21 PM5/13/10
to climatech...@googlegroups.com
[www.climate-justice-action.org]
Climate Justice Action
  • Planning meeting: Bonn, Germany, 29-31 May 2010
  • Climate Justice Action : Call for a day of action October 2010

Human-induced and capitalist-driven climate change caused by CO2 and other green house gases is an imminent threat to the planet as we know it. It is happening now and it is happening fast. Centuries of exploitation and destruction have passed. It is the world's poor, who did not cause the problem, who will suffer the most and do not have the means to implement solutions.

Fifteen years of empty governmental chatter and false corporate solutions reached a climactic breakdown in Copenhagen. Their outrageous farce demonstrated one thing above all: the currently dominant approaches to tackling climate change are not only ineffective, they are also unjust. The liberal consensus is incapable of delivering any serious solutions to the triple crises of environment, economy and governance. It is time to stop relying on governments and orporations to solve the problem. Only collective action from below can save us —"we are the ones we have been waiting for."

The social movements met in Copenhagen to call for a day of action to fight for system change, not climate change in the autumn of 2010. Climate Justice Action is taking up this call to propose direct actions for climate justice around the week of October 12 to 16, to coincide with the “Global Minga (Mobilization) In Defense of Mother Earth” that was announced by the 4th Continental Summit of Indigenous Peoples of Abya Yala (the Americas).

An open international meeting to organize and coordinate this day of action will be held in Bonn on 29-31 May 2010, where we will be able to reach out to the many people and movements that are increasingly disaffected with the official UN process and the apolitical NGO lobbying.

JOIN US--RECLAIM POWER

Website: http://www.climate-justice-action.org/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/actforclimate

Related:

--
Posted By Calvin Jones to Climate Change Action at 5/13/2010 09:39:00 PM

--
Blog: http://climatechangeaction.blogspot.com
Google Group: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/climatechangeaction