Global Climate Strike and other events

Climate Action Hobart

Jul 27, 2019, 11:00:19 PM7/27/19
to climateac...@googlegroups.com
Dear people

The Global Climate Strike is fast approaching - middle of the day, Friday 20 Sept. It is a global event to again remind the UN Climate Emergency Meeting three days later that the people of the world demand crisis action on climate.

Millions of us will walk out from home, work, school or university to declare a climate emergency and show our politicians what action in line with climate science and justice means.

We will be led by the people who will carry the burden of climate damage - the young. But they need our help so get recruiting for the March (more details later) and sign up to help as a traffic marshal in Hobart if you can. We need a small army of marshals and here is the link to register:

On a different note, the next Richard Jones Memorial Lecture will be on Monday 19 August, 6 pm in the Stanley Burbury Lecture Theatre. It will be given by Professor Bill Gammage whose work on Aboriginal land management will change your world view. How we 'manage' the natural world of which we are part is a major element of reducing our impact. The flyer is attached as both jpeg and pdf.- registration link is on the flyer. Please let your networks know.

Best wishes
Margaret
for the CAH working group
Flyer.pdf