Big lutruwita/Tasmanian issues and events

Climate Action Hobart

Oct 10, 2019, 5:25:15 AM10/10/19
to climateac...@googlegroups.com
Dear climate action supporters

Have you seen in the media that there is a WA company that is planning a coal mine in the Midlands?!! There are so many reasons this is crazy - we need farms not coalmines, Tasmania's future is in renewables and food production, no-one is further away from the Asian coal markets than us, coal is the past.....
Sign on to an Australia Institute open letter here:
https://nb.tai.org.au/nncm_tas?utm_campaign=nncm_tasmania_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_source=theausinstitute

Climate Action Hobart is asking the question 'What next, now that we have declared a climate emergency?'  How should we be responding to an emergency?
Help us answer this question in the workshop, Saturday 9 November, 2 - 5 pm, Clarence Uniting Church.
David Spratt, co-author of 'Climate Code Red' will share his perspectives and energise our ideas.
Register here: https://climateemergencywhatnext.eventbrite.com.au

The information flyer is attached as pdf and jpeg. Please share.

Best wishes
Margaret
for the Climate Action Hobart working group
What_Next_final.JPG
What next workshop-CAH_final.pdf