Tassie Election and other events

Climate Action Hobart

Apr 17, 2021, 3:38:16 AM4/17/21
to climateac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Climate friends

A lot is happening despite the rushed election - concerned voters have acted very quickly to mobilise. Get involved.

1. Tomorrow 11 am Sunday 18 April the Grassroots Action Network Tasmania (GRANT) rally on Parliament lawns. Rally for Change, calling broadly for social and environmental/climate justice, as well as improving our democracy. (I've volunteered as a marshall but I'll take Climate Action Hobart signs so look out for me - Margaret - if you want to hold one.)
2. Circular Economy Huon are hosting a candidate forum in the Huonville Town Hall Tuesday 20 April 6 - 7.30 pm. They are trying something new -  a cross-party consensus on a transport plan and implementation, working towards a circular tasmania and statewide organics collection.  They have a candidate from each of the three major parties: Bec Enders, Huon Valley Mayor  - Liberal; Toby Thorpe, young Tasmanian of the Year and climate activist etc - Labor and Dr Rosalie Woodruff, sitting member - Greens.   Register to attend at  https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/circular-economy-huon-election-special-tickets-150411969249

3.  The Bob Brown Foundation has convened a Vote Environment Rally on 11 am Saturday 24 April, Parliament Lawns. In this age of climate emergency and extinction crisis, Tasmania's natural beauty and wildlife is a top election issue.

4. The Australia Institute Tasmania is running a series of candidate forums in Bass, (already happened) Braddon and Clark. The local Clark Candidates forum details are 6.30 - 8.30 pm Tuesday 27 April, City Hall, 57 - 63 Macquarie St Hobart. These forums provide an opportunity to ask candidates questions about transparency and public accountability, the gaming industry, truth in political advertising, and the climate crisis. You need to register here: https://nb.tai.org.au/clark_tas_forum

See you around!!

And here are a couple of quirky links that appealed to me recently:

Back to making the green tomato chutney.

Best wishes

Margaret
for the CAH working group