[ClimateResilience]Senior Communications Officer

Rongkun LIU

Jul 12, 2024, 10:03:34 AMJul 12
to Climate Resilience
Dear colleagues,

Please kindly find below a position at the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) based in Kathmandu, Nepal.  Your support in circulating this vacancy announcement widely to your professional networks is highly appreciated.

Senior Communications Officer

Application deadline: 2024-08-11

Position Overview:

ICIMOD is seeking dynamic and creative Senior Communications Officers to lead communications, outreach, and engagement for our Strategic Group. Ideal candidates will have backgrounds in communications, press, public affairs, and policy engagement, with a strong drive to impact climate and environmental action. Responsibilities include managing digital communications, stakeholder engagement, and international policy agendas like UNFCCC and UNCBD. We seek proactive and collaborative communicators passionate about mountain issues and oriented towards international policy to strengthen ICIMOD’s advocacy. This position supports the Regional Action and Global Advocacy Strategic Group, overseeing targeted interventions, supervising Communications Officers, and working closely with the Head of the Communications Unit.

Background

The Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) region stretches 3,500km across Asia, spanning eight countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. Encompassing high-altitude mountain ranges, mid-hills, and plains, the zone is vital for the food, water, and energy security of up to two billion people and is a habitat for countless irreplaceable species. It is also acutely fragile – and frontline to the impacts of the triple planetary crisis of climate change, pollution, and biodiversity loss.

The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), based in Kathmandu, Nepal, is an international organisation established in 1983, that is working to make this critical region greener, more inclusive and climate resilient. For more information, read our Strategy 2030: Moving Mountains and explore our website.

Method of application

Applicants are requested to apply online before August 11, 2024 (11:59 PM Nepal Standard Time) through ICIMOD Vacancy Application Portal.

Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
TOR Senior Communication Officer.pdf