Postdoctoral Fellow I Position (SCARGO Project)

Al Zioba

Oct 4, 2021, 6:48:29 PM10/4/21
to Climate Informatics News
Hello,

I would like to share a postdoctoral fellow position with the Climate & Global Dynamics lab in Boulder, CO.

What You Will Do:
Use a combination of numerical models and observational data to constrain the global carbon cycle. Deploy Earth system and atmospheric transport models in concert with data assimilation and statistical techniques to advance understanding, state estimation, and prediction of variations in surface CO2 fluxes. Conduct analysis and interpretation of aircraft data collected as part of the Southern Ocean Carbon Gas Observatory (SCARGO) project.

What You Need:

Education And Experience:

A Ph.D. or equivalent experience in oceanography, atmospheric sciences and/or related field; demonstrated understanding of the global carbon cycle; research experience in a relevant field, with contributions to refereed journals.

Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:

  • Understanding of complex geophysical processes demonstrated through published or academic work.
  • Experience with analysis and development of numerical modeling approaches, including Earth system models, transport modeling, inversions, and/or data assimilation techniques.
  • Demonstrated capacity to develop sophisticated analysis and graphical visualization workflows, preferably in Python.
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
  • Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.