Big Data Analytics Related Online NSF REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) opportunity at UMBC this summer

Jianwu Wang

Jan 14, 2022, 7:43:45 AM1/14/22
to Climate Informatics News
Dear Climate Informatics community members,

    I’m writing to let you know we are organizing an NSF funded REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) Site program at UMBC this summer. This REU Site program is for Online Interdisciplinary Big Data Analytics in Science and Engineering. It is a purely online program. The program will run for 8 weeks in the summer. Each student will be paid for $5,000 for participation and provided with opportunities to present their work at conferences.

    More information about the program can be found at https://bigdatareu.umbc.edu/ and our flyer. The tentative application deadline is 03/01/2022. The two project topics planned for summer 2022 are 1) Big Data and Machine Learning Techniques for Atmospheric Remote Sensing and 2) Big Data and Machine Learning Techniques for Medical Image Classification. Undergraduates in all STEM fields are welcome to apply. Please distribute this opportunity to undergraduate students and additional colleagues/communities you see fit. The more people know of the opportunity, the merrier. Thanks a lot!

    Just me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Jianwu Wang (jia...@umbc.edu) and Matthias Gobbert (gob...@umbc.edu)
--
Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D. (he/him)
jia...@umbc.edu
Website: https://bdal.umbc.edu/people/jianwu/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jianwuwang
WebEx: https://umbc.webex.com/meet/jianwu

Associate Professor of Data Science and Liaison for Research Innovation, Department of Information Systems
Director, NSF funded REU Site Program on Online Interdisciplinary Big Data Analytics in Science and Engineering (bigdatareu.umbc.edu)