AGU IN042 - Opportunities for Multiparty Collaborations in AI/ML for Science Research and Applications

Srija Chakraborty

Jul 31, 2023, 11:26:14 AM7/31/23
to climate-info...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

[Apologies for cross-posting]
We would like to draw your attention to our Informatics Session "IN042 - Opportunities for Multiparty Collaborations in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Science Research and Applications " at the upcoming AGU Fall Meeting in December 2023, for abstract submission.

Session Information:

Session ID: 187679

Session Details: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/187679

Session Description:
For the third consecutive year, NASA is convening a session on expanding the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) for science research and applications. Our session covers a breadth of topics for AI/ML applications across scientific areas that fall under NASA/SMD Divisions (Earth, Planetary, Astrophysics, Heliophysics, Biological and Physical Sciences) with an emphasis on cross-divisional studies. We are particularly interested in applications that (1) are in-line with the efforts of NASA’s Open Source Science Initiative, (2) use advances in Foundation Models, including Large Language Models for Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Vision Models, to advance scientific research and improve processes across various domains, and (3) are supported by NASA’s Multidomain Reusable Artificial Intelligence Tools solicitation (NNH22ZDA001N-MDRAIT).

The overall goal of this session to enable science research, while cultivating growing trust in evidence-based science, are in consonance with AGU’s strategic plan.

Submission deadline: Aug 2, 11:59 PM EDT

We would like to encourage you to consider our session to present your ongoing research efforts.

Please also feel free to share the session details with other researchers and stakeholders who might be interested.

Best Regards,

Session Conveners

Megan Ansdell, NASA

Srija Chakraborty, USRA