sub-country data

Mezbaker

Jul 13, 2010, 9:47:34 PM7/13/10
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
This is a great data source. Thank you CIAT.
I was wondering if there is any regional data WITHIN a country (sub-
country) data available?

If so, where?

Thanks,
Mez

CAIT

Jul 20, 2010, 4:27:30 PM7/20/10
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
Hi Mez,

Thanks for your note and apologies for the belated response.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there aren't any comprehensive
publicly available sources of sub-national GHG emissions data (other
types of data are far more readily available).

On CAIT, you can find GHG emissions for each U.S. state - see
http://cait.wri.org/cait-us.php. But you might be best off looking at
government agency websites of particular countries in which you are
interested to see if sub-national inventories have been done. For
example, Canada publishes emissions estimates for each province - see
http://www.ec.gc.ca/ges-ghg/default.asp?lang=En&n=83A34A7A-1.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. Perhaps others in the group know of
useful sub-national sources?

--Tom, CAIT Manager
This conversation is locked