trust

MELINDA MEYERS

Aug 8, 2022, 5:33:21 PM8/8/22
to 'Bob Bobbe' via ClientWhysConnect
Client lived and died in California.  Daughter who is the  trustee lives in NewYork.  Do we have to file a NewYork trust form also?

Mindy

Diana Skocypec

Aug 9, 2022, 12:18:38 AM8/9/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Look up NY rules but in my experience with non resident trustees they have had to file in their state even if no tax due.

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/CAH6KktVecjnY1gBBzZQgPdo4ASZ5T_xyvg2LnqT6oPo0nW7AVw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dennis & Catherine Fresquez

Aug 9, 2022, 12:41:46 AM8/9/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com, Diana Skocypec
Why would you file a NY return?  The tax payer lived in CA. CA return needs to be done. Has nothing to do with the trustee who is  just the administrator.