2020 Refund

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 4:36:32 PM8/4/22
to Clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Client filed her 2020 S-Corp and the Personal return on 10-08-21

The 2020 refund for the Personal has not been issued.

Client has checked IRS website says in processing.

Checked where’s my refund also says in processing

Client has called and called IRS all through the year.

When client calls IRS, if she gets passed the bots, she

only gets to busy call back at another time.

Client has exhausted all that she can.

Any suggestions?

Mary K Licause

rbe...@san.rr.com

Aug 4, 2022, 4:47:04 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Have the client sign a Form 2848, and then you call the Tax Preparer Hot Line
and get the information for her.  Generally helps get the refund moving, or
able to find out what additional information is needed.

Robert "Bob" Berg EA

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/94c66a98f85a4ad49132020e5faca45a%40chinotax.com.

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 4:50:22 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

I was hoping that the client does the leg work to avoid me charging her.

Thank you

Ray Kong

Aug 4, 2022, 4:58:29 PM8/4/22
to ma...@chinotax.com, clientwh...@googlegroups.com
"We're sorry, but due to extremely high call volume in the topic you requested, we are unable to handle your call at this time....."

I have a nearly identical situation as Mary and have been attempting for the past 3 weeks on different days of the week, at different times of the day and cannot even get put on an hour long plus hold.
IRS Practitioner Priority line, 866-860-4259.

Any suggestions which don't involve writing a letter would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Ray Kong, EA

rbe...@san.rr.com

Aug 4, 2022, 4:59:02 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

When it is not the Tax Payers fault, I generally consider this part of the service
they pay for as part of the preparation.  Generally they appreciate the service
and will return.

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 5:00:10 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Thank you

Mary K Licause, EA

Aug 4, 2022, 5:05:00 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com, Mary Licause
I have been able to get through to the IRS-it has been after 5.  You do know they are open until 7 don't you?

You charge your tax client to make a phone call to the IRS?

Thank You,

Catherine Fresquez
925-736-2172
dc...@comcast.net

rbe...@san.rr.com

Aug 4, 2022, 5:06:07 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Pick an hour, take your lunch at 3 P.M. PDT, and take your cell and dial, redial and
eventually you will get through. I tried once yesterday afternoon and was told 15-20
minutes, but I was leaving, so didn't try.  Patience is a virtue. Don't expect them to
answer on the first call.

Robert Berg EA

Aug 4, 2022, 5:24:01 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

True,

I usually do.  But the IRS stuff has taken me hours to get results. (too many clients in to count)

This complimentary work is taking away from completing the extensions

That I must complete.

Yes, I have tried to call early in the mornings and around 5 to 7pm for the previous

Clients with IRS clients.

Note: Client hasn’t been able to get to the advocate. They are still busy she can’t leave a message.

I have had this client for over 30+ years. She has agreed to follow all my instruction.

I’ll do the 2848 and try TP hotline, if his doesn’t work I will charge for going further and complete the 911 to the advocate.

Thank you everyone

I really appreciate your comments

Mary K Licause

The CP 14 letters for collection.  Both I and the client have called the number on the CP 14

Since the IRS said the client earned over 150K  Of which is the starting  amount of the phase out for the credit

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 5:25:35 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I have only been lucky for a couple clients.

Even early in the mornings

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 5:28:10 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Last time I tried a week or so ago, I called @ 5pm and was told a 15 minute wait  I

Was on hold until 7:15pm the was hung up on.

Lee Reams

Aug 4, 2022, 5:45:30 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
I trust everyone is aware of IRS position on certain CP-14s?  If not, take a look at:
Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.comlist with anyone.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.

Lee Reams Sr., BSME, EA
Chief Content Officer
CountingWorks Pro | CountingWorks | TaxBuzz | TaxCPE
p:1.800.442.2477 x240
w:www.countingworkspro.com/  e: lee....@countingworks.com

See how CountingWorks can grow your practice.

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 5:56:22 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Yes,

When it takes numerous attempts.

Simple phone calls are not what they used to be.

3 hours on hold even though calling early or late.

I trust everyone is aware of IRS position on certain CP-14s?  If not, take a look at:

Steven Meyerson

Aug 4, 2022, 8:01:47 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
How large is the refund?  Over $5K, over $10K?  If so, believe it or not, I’ve had clients having to wait more than a year (even when filed). The IRS considers that larger refunds may be subject to fraud so they spend more time reviewing the returns prior to issuing the refund. The good news is that there will be interest on the refund when finally issued.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2022, at 5:45 PM, Lee Reams <lee....@clientwhys.com> wrote:

I trust everyone is aware of IRS position on certain CP-14s?  If not, take a look at:
PastedGraphic-2.tiff

Mary Licause

Aug 4, 2022, 8:08:04 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, That must the case here.

Sent her a 2848.  She is Single

Keeping my fingers crossed it won’t be too

long to through to TP Hotline

Mary

--

You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

[...]

Karen Klimkosky Lee

Aug 4, 2022, 9:55:10 PM8/4/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem.   While I can usually help my clients out without the IRS’ help, it is unbelievable to me that we can’t get service on that line.

Margie Best

Aug 5, 2022, 5:04:29 PM8/5/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
I know no one wants to write a letter, but that's what I did for my client.  I quoted the taxpayer's bill of rights about the right to be informed.  It took all of 10 min to write the letter.  The refund was issued within two weeks of the dated letter.
Margarita G. Best, EA

702-285-1959 - Voice/Text

sylvia taxfactory.com

Aug 8, 2022, 1:34:25 PM8/8/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

I just keep calling back until I get through! Sometimes it might take me 20 to 30 calls to get through.

Sylvia Marshall E.A.