Settlement agreement. Employer Discrimination and Harassment

Wayne Shellner

May 13, 2024, 6:59:01 PMMay 13
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

I have a client that is receiving a settlement for discrimination and harassment from a past employer, a nondisclosure is present. She is receiving one 1099 for personal injuries and emotional distress. And a second 1099 for attorney fees. I know the attorney fees are temporarily not deductible as a miscellaneous expense on schedule A. But what are the qualifications for the above-the-line deduction for discrimination awards.

Thank you in advance for any information on this subject.

Wayne Shellner
Shellner’s Tax Service
3593 Arlington Ave Suite H
Riverside, Ca. 92506
(951)784-1238 fax(951)784-8783
Wsthe...@aol.com

Lee Reams

May 13, 2024, 7:36:38 PMMay 13
to 'professional.tax.service@verizon.net' via ClientWhysConnect
Here are screen captures from the BB chapter 2.10….Lee

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 4.19.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 4.16.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 4.17.55 PM.png

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/E6598781-A076-4AD7-81D6-BD7600DC36DD%40aol.com.

PastedGraphic-2.tiff

Lee Reams Sr., BSME, EA
Chief Content Officer
CountingWorks Pro | CountingWorks | TaxBuzz | TaxCPE
p:1.800.442.2477 x240
w:www.countingworkspro.com/  e: lee....@countingworks.com

See how CountingWorks can grow your practice.

Wayne Shellner

May 13, 2024, 7:51:35 PMMay 13
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lee.

I did check the Big Book prior to sending out the question. I wasn’t sure if anyone had run into any additional requirements or concern's for the deduction.

Wayne Shellner
Shellner’s Tax Service
3593 Arlington Ave Suite H
Riverside, Ca. 92506