Premium Tax Credit

scott jessup

Mar 22, 2023, 10:18:29 AM3/22/23
to via ClientWhysConnect
My client’s 2022 return was rejected because of health insurance market place despite being fully employed since mid 2021 with health insurance coverage (have 1095B for proof). Does he need to paper file?
Thanks
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Karen Klimkosky Lee

Mar 22, 2023, 11:47:01 AM3/22/23
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Ask your software provider.

> On Mar 22, 2023, at 7:18 AM, 'scott jessup' via ClientWhysConnect <clientwh...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> My client’s 2022 return was rejected because of health insurance market place despite being fully employed since mid 2021 with health insurance coverage (have 1095B for proof). Does he need to paper file?
> Thanks
> Scott
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
> You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
> Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com
>
> Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/6ADAA02A-A32D-4010-8ED1-A90C24468090%40yahoo.com.

millerdbm

Mar 22, 2023, 3:03:49 PM3/22/23
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Had the same problem last year. Finally found out that the dependent older son was on Covered California for three months and dad wasn't told.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Mar 23, 2023, 8:26:39 PM3/23/23
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
There is a maximum repayment amount for lower income taxpayers. Not sure if that will do client any good

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 5.23.52 PM.png

.

PastedGraphic-2.tiff

Lee Reams Sr., BSME, EA
Chief Content Officer
CountingWorks Pro | CountingWorks | TaxBuzz | TaxCPE
p:1.800.442.2477 x240
w:www.countingworkspro.com/  e: lee....@countingworks.com

See how CountingWorks can grow your practice.

scott jessup

ho...@mktaxpros.com

Mar 28, 2023, 6:58:43 PM3/28/23
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Hi Scott,

Is your client the only person listed on the 1095-A? If there is someone else on the 1095-A and they belong to a separate tax household (i.e. a kid that is no longer eligible to be a dependent), allocation between the 2 tax returns is an option.

Also for 2021, if your client had any unemployment, he would be eligible for the full subsidy.

Best of luck!

Holly

Holly Swanson

Martin, Ketterling & Associates

2299 E. Main St. Suite 8, Ventura, CA 93001

Phone (805) 653-7362

Fax (805) 653-1991

ho...@mktaxpros.com

www.mktaxpros.com

scott jessup

Mar 28, 2023, 9:06:53 PM3/28/23
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Holly, My client is the only one and filed a dispute with Covered California

Sent from my iPhone