IRS PHONE NUMBER

Edward Hebert

May 10, 2024, 7:02:58 PMMay 10
to ClientWhysConnect
I need a phone number to the IRS to speak to a person to help my situation. Would greatly appreciate any help.  My client received notice CP21A that is grossly incorrect, the phone number on the notice (800-879-0922) could not provide anyone that could help nor the number that the representative referred me to (800-829-1040).  Please help.

Regards,

EDWARD G HEBERT

Professional Business Services
3741 Merced Drive, Suite F2he
Riverside, CA 92503-4956
951-637-7000 Office
951-637-7003 Fax
ProB...@sbcglobal.net

cathy arbogast

May 10, 2024, 7:10:57 PMMay 10
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Try Tax Practitioner Hotline 866 860 4259

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/875460380.10720.1715382166437%40mail.yahoo.com.

--
Catherine Arbogast
Enrolled Agent

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to client privilege or other confidentiality protections. Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in the communication, including attachments are not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.

PHILIP P STORRER

May 10, 2024, 7:56:24 PMMay 10
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Edward…Just some thoughts ….it’s probably a good practice to respond in writing to every communication from the IRS... you can sometimes “lose” your standing if your response is not in writing &/or is not timely…. such as the 90 - Day Letter… read carefully the communication to understand what they have requested of your client…could be a standard IRS FORM 4564.. Make sure it’s clear to what you are responding….
 Use a copy of the IRS correspondence to identify your reply…. & enclose a copy with your reply..
It’s fine to “resolve” an issue on the phone but confirm your understanding in writing… be cordial professional & approachable but also be firm and sometimes, but only sometimes you have to be unequivocal…..
I have found Circular 230 to be a good guide when dealing with the IRS…

BYW: Send all mail to the IRS Certified Return Receipt Requested.. Postal Form 3811…
Describe on the Postal Form 3811 (Green USPS card) what’s inside the communication. … use the edges of the of the Form 3811 for this purpose…That will help to establish what you sent them….

There’s more, so much more…but time does not permit…right now!!

Sent from my iPhone