Deceased Rejected Return

cathy arbogast

Jul 1, 2024, 8:26:36 PMJul 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
  E-Filed a 2022 return for a deceased taxpayer. Got rejected due to being deceased.  My diagnostic said to enter the DOD which was already there. We will paper file but is there a way around this?.....I e-filed for 56 but did that after the rejection and wondering had I filed it first maybe it would have gone through.

--
Catherine Arbogast
Enrolled Agent

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to client privilege or other confidentiality protections. Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in the communication, including attachments are not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.

Ralph Schaefer

Jul 1, 2024, 8:33:35 PMJul 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cathy!

Once the deceased taxpayers account has been locked, the only way to file is on paper.  We have not found any other way around this.

Ralph

Ralph Schaefer EA
RSi Business Services
Office - 909-883-3401
Fax - 909-881-5741
WWW.RSIBUSINESSSERVICES.COMRSIBUSINESSSERVICES.COM
This email contains privileged information intended for the private use of the named recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the information contained in this email.

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/CANyPGGsfzziXeaXV1j-HqdqdhFbEHydizqJKy_O2XqF_DOKAPg%40mail.gmail.com.

cathy arbogast

Jul 1, 2024, 8:56:42 PMJul 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Bummer.  Guess I will have them make payment on the website to stop the pain with the uncertainty of when it will be processed.  Thank you Ralph.

JLee Grubb

Jul 1, 2024, 8:59:51 PMJul 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Just inquired on another website for doing an amended 2023 for a return that had the taxpayers deceased.  Amended e-filed return keeps coming back the SS# has been locked by Social Security but could be cleared up in 4-6 weeks.  That was 3 months ago and was rejected yesterday.   I guess the diagnostic is in error and it needs to go in paper, yes?

Jerry Lee Grubb

Sent from my Galaxy

cathy arbogast

Jul 1, 2024, 9:06:39 PMJul 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Jerry,
  Mine said locked, Taxpayer number belongs to a deceased individual but said to enter the date of death on screen 1 (Drake) as though that would clear it or call SSA 800 772 1213 (not sure why except to verify the number) but the DOD didn't work because I had that.  I do understand them being locked due to all the fraud but it would be nice if the Form 56 were on file if they would allow them to efile.