Format A & D for W2 for TY 2021

Sam Grewal

Aug 9, 2022, 5:29:48 PM8/9/22
to 'RT' via ClientWhysConnect

Can anyone suggest where can we find formats A & D for W2's for TY 2021? We had paper mailed the form W 2's & the client got a notice from IRS asking to send in this format, it is a format with 2- W2's on one page, as per the notice.

Regards
Sam
Santa Clara, CA 95054

In accordance with IRS Circular 230, the information is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used as or considered  "covered opinion" or other written tax advice, and should not be relied upon for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code; promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matter(s)  addressed herein; for IRS audit, tax dispute or other purposes.

Paul Alexander

Aug 9, 2022, 5:46:14 PM8/9/22
to 'RT' via ClientWhysConnect
Hello Sam,

I found this, which seems extremely technical in nature.

Sincerely,

Paul
--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/CAChaMtAmXAUiV%2BJAL6RscGP7PU%2BirdZ8Mg%2BKwxuiGM6KfacT_g%40mail.gmail.com.

Shelle Sagar

Aug 9, 2022, 6:47:28 PM8/9/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Sam –

Even though I electronically file my W-2s, I always order a small supply of paper copies of the W-2 in case I need them for a late client.  I just looked at the ones the IRS sends and there is a Copy A, B, C, D, 1 & 2.  Here is the link on the IRS website that you can order them.  Very surprisingly they came pretty quick for the IRS these days!

https://apps.irs.gov/app/taxmat/form-search/

Hope that helps

Shelle Sagar

Ph:  402-807-1040
Fax:  402-807-1045
Email:  m...@sagarcpa.com
Website:  www.sagarcpa.com

Alma Guenther

Aug 9, 2022, 7:01:06 PM8/9/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
You can buy from OfficeMax or Staples, online with various companies or direct from IRS.
Plus most software will print those forms.
Though why is IRS asking for copy D? That is the employer copy and is not sent in when filing the W2s.
W2 copy A goes along with the W3 form.

Alma V Guenther, EA - The Right Place
817 Missouri St, ste 2 - Fairfield CA 94533
office: 707-425-1865

RICHARD WILLIAMSEN

Aug 9, 2022, 7:07:59 PM8/9/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Budget tax forms in Modesto CA 95355.  The owner, Mike is also an EA.

He’ll have the forms and won’t gouge you for them.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone

Sam Grewal

Aug 12, 2022, 6:45:06 PM8/12/22