Filing 990-N for Exempt Organization

professional...@verizon.net

May 1, 2024, 3:45:24 PMMay 1
to ClientWhysConnect
Hi!

I need to file a 990-n for a client, but I'm confused as to the new process.
I previously used  a log in that doesn't seem to be available.
Since it was a simple process (in the past) Client was going to handle it themselves as their donations were less than $100 annually
But it hasn't been done now for two years... and now I need to get it filed.

At the IRS log in its asks to choose either LogIn.gov or ID.Me
I'm not sure if one is better than the other or if one is more appropriate for what I need to do.
I believe I have used these (or one of them) but I think it was for personal use.. (but for whatever reason I can't seem to locate it)
I have also helped others at this site... so it looks familiar

BUT... Do I need to create a separate log in for clients? Seems that I would
But do I need separate ones for EACH non profit client?

For whatever reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around this.

Also... apparently IRS no longer will do prior year filings,,, so I'm not sure how to do that

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.

Jackie Deniston

Lee Reams

May 1, 2024, 4:01:39 PMMay 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Accodingto the instructions on srceen:  Currently, Login.gov can only be used to access IRS Form 990-N (e-Postcard) and Qualified Intermediary Application and Account Management System (QAAMS).  I also attached pub 4938 if it can be of any use.

Lee

p4839.pdf
PastedGraphic-2.tiff

Faye Smith

May 1, 2024, 4:22:14 PMMay 1
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
ID me is better. Please keep a record of your sign in.

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/1827042532.4936234.1714592719898%40mail.yahoo.com.

Ann Strickland

May 2, 2024, 3:39:15 PMMay 2
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Hu,

 I was told I have to use the same login with all my different clients.  When you get logged in, you will then go to a screen where you are able to add your other tax ID clients.

Ann

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/1827042532.4936234.1714592719898%40mail.yahoo.com.

--
Ann Strickland, MST, CPIM
S & S Financial Services

ttandy

May 2, 2024, 4:48:21 PMMay 2
to ClientWhysConnect
I'm a long time lurker hope hitting reply is what I'm supposed to do?

Set up both a login.gov and id.me account.  The setup is once for each and can be used for personal and business. At least my id.me one does that.   Just started with login.gov at the beginning of the year, just because sometimes the id.me is a pain with the 2FA.

You do not need to setup a new account for each client login to go to https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/annual-electronic-filing-requirement-for-small-exempt-organizations-form-990-n-e-postcard.   Click on Submit Form 990-N, once you login, click on manage e-Postcard Profile.  Just simply enter each clients EIN and it will add them to your profile.  You can then submit for each client.

I’m in CA, so it’s similar on the state site as well.

For old ones, I just file a 990-EZ. To be honest, it actually makes it easier when filing he RRF-1 for the DOJ.   If you need it there are services like simple990.com to help with the last three years.