S-Election Kerfuffle

Jason Livingston

May 24, 2024, 1:18:56 AMMay 24
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Have a client that we filed a 2021 1065 for an LLC.

In 2022, we filed form 2553 to change the LLC to S-Corp beginning 1/1/2022. Due to the delayed processing times during 2022's filing season, we decided to file 1120-S for 2022 and reattached the 2553 with the e-filing. The IRS sent a response indicating the entity had previously filed 2553 with an election date of 1/1/2021 (how the client does not remember doing this is beyond me, but here we are). They followed that up with a notice of receiving a Form 1065 for 2021 and being unable to process.

Does anyone have experience in curing this issue? Do we file an 1120-S for 2021 and call it a day?

Thanks!

Jason Livingston, C.P.A.

Alma

May 24, 2024, 2:11:58 PMMay 24
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I would file the 2021 S Corp and beg forgiveness on penalties due to income was reported via 1065 and owners did report said income on timely filed return.

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/CO1PR13MB478958D2D695A7C186F70307A4F52%40CO1PR13MB4789.namprd13.prod.outlook.com.