ERC funds

Jan Beatty

Aug 2, 2022, 7:26:30 PM8/2/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

I am receiving the refund from the Department of Treasury for the adjusted 941 covered by the Employee Retention Credit. I need to be sure my thinking is correct. I am going to deposit them to my bank account and credit the payroll tax account for the amount refunded and the interest portion to interest income.

Will someone please confirm that my thinking is correct.

Jan Beatty, EA

Bridge Street Tax Service & Bookkeeping, Inc.

3112 S Mooney Blvd., Suite A

Visalia, CA 93277

559.733.4829 – Phone

559.733-1720 – Fax

j...@bridgestreettax.com

Send files securely using this link: https://bridgestreettax.leapfile.net

Any accounting, business or tax advise contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If desired, Bridge Street Tax Service & Bookkeeping, Inc. would be pleased to perform the requisite research and provide you with a detailed written analysis. Such an engagement may be the subject of a separate engagement letter that would define the scope and limits of the desired consultation services.

The content of this e-mail is intended for the named recipient only. If you receive this e-mail in error, please return it to Bridge Street Tax Service & Bookkeeping, Inc. via reply.

Matthew Bigelow

Aug 2, 2022, 7:35:36 PM8/2/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Jan, the interest is current year income but for federal tax purposes, you will need to treat the ERC as a reduction of deductible payroll for the year to which the credit applies. If a tax return has already been filed for the year in question, you will need to amend the return.

For bookkeeping purposes, I would simply treat the ERC as “Other Income” in the year of receipt and leave the payroll tax account alone.

Matthew Bigelow, E.A.

JLZ Business Services, Inc.

Ph. (805) 643-3295, Fax: (805) 643-3297

email: mbig...@jlzinc.com

Web: www.jlzinc.com

Office Hours: M – TH 9 AM – 5 PM, F 9 AM – 2 PM

Click here to upload files securely.

The information contained herein is confidential and may be privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.

--
You are subscribed to the ClientWhysConnect group.
Post Address: clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Disclaimer --- You use the information shared on ClientWhysConnect.com at your own risk. The information is based upon unsubstantiated member opinions and if you have concerns about the validity of the information you should research the issue thoroughly yourself and arrive at your own conclusions. We will never share any of the information you’ve provided to the ClientWhysConnect.com list with anyone.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClientWhysConnect" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clientwhysconnect/BYAPR14MB2727BC3E157795D22EC19C25A39D9%40BYAPR14MB2727.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

Jan Beatty

Aug 2, 2022, 7:41:48 PM8/2/22
to clientwh...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Matthew. That means I will have to amend my personal return as well as my business is an S-Corp.