Can this play music locally on the server?

James

Mar 22, 2012, 10:29:38 PM3/22/12
to Client175
Looking for something to run my house speakers. Can this be used to
control music locally on the server computer from a remote computer
which is viewing the webpage? Or does it just stream music to remote
computers?
Thanks

Chris Seickel

Mar 23, 2012, 6:55:14 AM3/23/12
to clie...@googlegroups.com

The primary use case is to play music locally on a server which is connected to a stereo.

Client175 is just the client though, you would need to setup a Music Player Daemon server for it to connect to and control.  Traditionally, this is done on Linux, although I think there are Mac and Windows ports now as well.