iPad support

telengard

Jun 11, 2011, 1:53:22 PM6/11/11
to Client175
Awesome frontend. I usually just ssh into my server and run ncmpc,
but I figured I'd try this w/ the iPad, and it shows up just fine.
The *only* issue I've found is that you cannot truly double click w/
the browser so I can't tunnel down into folders to pick music. Any
chance a single click could open folders?

I can see this replacing me ssh'ing on other computers in the house.
I really appreciate the simple install/config too. Others I've tried
have tons of dependencies and other things.

thanks!

Chris Seickel

Jun 12, 2011, 12:57:49 PM6/12/11
to clie...@googlegroups.com
The navigation pane (tree browser on the left) works with single clicks.  Of course, leaving that open does not leave much space for the center pane.

The problem with making single click open a folder is then you cannot select multiple items and it might confuse right click functionality.  This is really optimized for desktop/laptop usage and needs to stay that way.  The correct solution is to make a version optimized for a touch interface.  I have a tablet myself so I have been meaning to do this...

I think I'll start working on a tablet version soon.  I'll keep you posted.