Help: error when trying to launch python server

Matthew White

Mar 13, 2011, 6:05:00 AM3/13/11
to Client175
This is a reply to an old thread, but I got mine working, sorta.

I'm running mdp on a Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 which has an ARM
processor.

I changed line 359 to read:

flags = socket.AI_PASSIVE

and it basically works.

What doesn't work is navigation by host name; i.e. I must access
client175 as http://192.168.10.10:8080

From the getaddrinfo man page:

If hints.ai_flags includes the AI_ADDRCONFIG flag, then IPv4 addresses
are returned in the list pointed to by result only if the local system
has at least one IPv4 address configured, and IPv6 addresses are only
returned if the local system has at least one IPv6 address configured.

I'm not enough of a kernel hacker or programmer to know if this is the
case...

-mtw