Batch inserts: resume on failure?

sarcobe

Feb 17, 2021, 4:34:08 AM2/17/21
to ClickHouse

Hi all,

Is there a way to insert a batch of records and get a report on which records resulted in an insert failure? So instead of failing upon the first invalid record, Clickhouse resumes storing the rest of the records and then returns which records were stored / not stored.

I am using the official JDBC driver and currently a single invalid in the batch will result in the whole batch failing (with no records being stored). I understand this behavior is needed as well, but it would be nice to have some flexibility.

Best regards,
Wannes Kerckhove