getting Authentication Failed for Distributed table

Pavan Badi

Dec 8, 2021, 2:04:01 AM12/8/21
to ClickHouse
Hi Team,

I am trying to evaluate Clickhouse databases now I am in a stage of distribution table, I followed exact steps mentioned at https://medium.com/@merticariug/distributed-clickhouse-configuration-d412c211687c but i am getting below error,

Received exception from server (version 21.11.5):
Code: 516. DB::Exception: Received from localhost:9000. DB::Exception: Received from 192.168.213.130:9000. DB::Exception: default: Authentication failed: password is incorrect or there is no user with such name. (AUTHENTICATION_FAILED)

Can you please help me to get this resolved. I am not sure if I missed anything.

Thanks
Pavan

Panos Op

Jan 13, 2023, 5:25:36 AM1/13/23
to ClickHouse
Having the same problem. Would be interested to know if something is missing.

Panos Op

Jan 13, 2023, 6:17:50 AM1/13/23
to ClickHouse
Apparently you need to specify user and password for connecting to the other hosts

<replica>
<host>example01-02-2</host>
<secure>1</secure>
<port>9440</port>
<user>default</user>
<password>default user password</password>
</replica>