Value with Array type in ClickHouse dictionary

Sahar Imani

Sep 1, 2021, 2:31:22 AM9/1/21
to ClickHouse
Hello everyone!

I want to create a dictionary in ClickHouse that has a key with String type and 3 values. These values have String type, String type and Array type. When I create this dictionary and select dictGet the value that has String type, the dictionary works correctly but when I select dictGet the value that has Array type, it doesn't work and shows this error:

Bad cast from type DB::ColumnString to DB::ColumnArray

While the table column, which has an Array type in the dictionary and the dictionary is created from it, also has an Array(String) type.

Does dictionary in ClickHouse not accept the value with Array type or am I doing something wrong that I don't know what?

Thanks

Denis Zhuravlev

Sep 1, 2021, 8:42:16 AM9/1/21
to ClickHouse
Array type was recently implemented in Dictionaries

ClickHouse release v21.7, 2021-07-09
Added support for Array type in dictionaries. #25119 (Maksim Kita).