Production readiness of object storge support in Merge Tree

Rajat Goel

Jun 20, 2022, 6:31:42 AM6/20/22
to ClickHouse
Hi,

I want to use Merge Tree Storage Tiering support on s3 disk (using TTL moves) for our production deployments, in next couple of months. The documentation page (https://clickhouse.com/docs/en/integrations/s3/s3-merge-tree) says the feature is experimental. Our tables are replicated but we can live without zero copy replication or data caching optimizations. Can we use this feature in production ? If not, what is the plan for its production readiness?

Thanks,
Rajat

Alexey Milovidov

Jun 20, 2022, 1:03:32 PM6/20/22
to Rajat Goel, ClickHouse
Hi!

MergeTree tables on s3 disk (without enabled zero-copy replication)
are production-ready and used in production. Documentation will be
updated.
Zero-copy replication is not production-ready.

Rajat Goel

Jun 20, 2022, 10:26:02 PM6/20/22
to Alexey Milovidov, ClickHouse
Thanks Alexey.