ClickHouse server congfiguration suggession required

crazylearner

Feb 9, 2021, 1:06:19 AM2/9/21
to ClickHouse
Hi Team,

Currently, we are on an r5.4xlarge machine with 16CPU's and 128 GB RAM and each table size is approximately 10TB.

Futureuse: We are planning to upgrade our database from 10TB to 20TB soon.

Note: each table is stored under a different server and works in a random load balancing env.

Kindly suggest to us what will be the next best server configuration to handle 20TB of data on each server.

Thank you.

Denis Zhuravlev

Feb 9, 2021, 11:53:53 AM2/9/21
to ClickHouse
>Kindly suggest to us what will be the next best server configuration to handle 20TB of data on each server.
Try to use the same 16CPU's and 128 GB RAM, probably it will not be any performance issues.
There is no direct correlation between stored data size and suitable cache size.
The disk cache is needed for hot data (data that directly participate in daily queries).

crazylearner

Feb 11, 2021, 10:32:25 AM2/11/21
to ClickHouse
disk performance and data size have a direct correlation?