kafka_commit_every_batch

Jiri Samek

Apr 7, 2021, 3:38:20 AMApr 7
to ClickHouse
Hi,

I would like to ask for help with understanding what effect can have the setting of kafka_commit_every_batch in Kafka integration - https://clickhouse.tech/docs/en/engines/table-engines/integrations/kafka/

kafka_commit_every_batch — Commit every consumed and handled batch instead of a single commit after writing a whole block (default: 0).

I am not sure what is the batch and what is the block.

It guess, if changed to 1 it will commit more often. Could it be somewhat more demanding (probably not an issue in my use case) and could it generate less duplicate records?

Best regards,
Jiri