Cluster Problem After node crash

francesco pinta

Aug 5, 2022, 3:59:58 AM8/5/22
to ClickHouse
Hi,
I'm working with many cluster made of 2 nodes with 2 shards and 2 replicas.
When, for some reason (eg. a crash and reboot of a node) the replication stops working, there is no way to resync the node to the one active.
I've searched and tried all the actions suggested but with no success.
The only way that works was copying the replicated table to a non replicated one, destroy the cluster, rebuild the cluster/replica, copy the non replicated table to the new replicated one.
Can anyone suggest me a valid and tested procedure to synchronize the cluster in the 2shard + 2replica configuration?
It's really frustrating; I went from mysql to clickhouse with the best of intentions but I'm having a lot of clustering issues.

Thanks.
F.