ReplicatedMergeTree and S3

Pierre

May 2, 2021, 9:29:22 AM5/2/21
to ClickHouse
Hi,

I would like to configure a Clickhouse table with a ReplicatedMergeTree engine associated to a policy to transfer data from hot local storage to cold S3 remote storage after a few days.

Clickhouse is fine to do that.

However, I need resilience for the hot storage by duplicating data ("ReplicatedMergeTree") but I do not need resilience for the cold storage since the S3 backend is doing that for me (with erasure coding). If I use a ReplicatedMergeTree, the data are going to be replicated in S3 as well (in addition to S3 erasure coding).

Is there a simple way to avoid duplicating data in S3 ?

Would any modifications in Clickhouse code be complex or not ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,
Pierre

Denis Zhuravlev

May 4, 2021, 8:00:55 PM5/4/21
to ClickHouse
ClickHouse release 21.4.1 2021-04-12
Zero-copy replication for ReplicatedMergeTree over S3 storage. #16240 (ianton-ru).