A problem in using ip_trie layout

Sahar Imani

Dec 4, 2021, 5:35:50 AM12/4/21
to ClickHouse
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a dictionary from IP to location. And for that, what Clickhouse suggested is to use the ip_trie layout.  On the other hand some rows of my data is null and I must be use nullable. But then, when I used dictGet, Cickhouse said, "array or nullable attributes not supported for dictionary of type trie"

Is it a deficiency of ip_trie layout and I must be replace null values with something like -1?
Or I must be use setting allow_nullable_key? But I think dictionaries don't have Settings.

Thanks.

Vladimir

Dec 6, 2021, 4:39:38 AM12/6/21
to ClickHouse
Hi!

Dictionaries ip_trie doesn't support nullable attributes now (line of code if you interested about internals), so, yes, you should replace nullable attributes with non-nullable, filling NULL values (e.g. with `coalesce`).