Centos installation with a non root user

richard hallier

Apr 4, 2023, 4:42:27 AM4/4/23
to ClickHouse
Hi,
I have to install a clickhouse server in the customer's datacenter but I have very limited rights with a non root user.
The other issue is that runtime and data shoud be located in specific folders.
What would be the best solution ?
Thank you
Richard

Dima Novik

Apr 13, 2023, 10:29:06 AM4/13/23
to ClickHouse
Hi Richard,

> I have to install a clickhouse server in the customer's datacenter but I have very limited rights with a non root user.

I do see any problem here. ClickHouse doesn't require root.

> The other issue is that runtime and data shoud be located in specific folders.

You can set the path in the filesystem ClickHouse uses to store the data in the configuration file. Check the following documentation:
https://clickhouse.com/docs/en/operations/server-configuration-parameters/settings#server_configuration_parameters-path

Best wishes,
Dmitrii