insert big data into ClickHouse

leeo...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 2:16:12 AMApr 20
to ClickHouse
My customer has 100M/s data from Web. I need to insert these data into Clickhouse from Java servlet. What is an efficient way to implement this? Can I use JDBC or call some methods in Clickhouse from Java code?

David

Denis Zhuravlev

Apr 20, 2021, 7:57:31 PMApr 20
to ClickHouse

Vladimir Klimontovich

May 5, 2021, 2:38:34 PMMay 5
to ClickHouse
Hi David!

I'm not sure if a direct insert through JDBC driver will do the job at your scale. If CH is down for maintenance (or the network is down) data can be lost.
Check out this post on Altinity blog: https://altinity.com/blog/introducing-eventnative-an-easy-way-to-put-your-event-stream-into-clickhouse (P. S. Full disclosure, I'm affiliated with Jitsu (ex-EventNative) mentioned in this blog-post)