Update on the perceptual task

George Toderici

Apr 20, 2021, 11:40:44 AM4/20/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Hello everyone,

We have had some delays with the raters but I'm happy to let you know that the ratings are now completed - the last rating was done today.

However, this doesn't mean we're ready yet to release the data. The main impediment is that it's very important to ensure fairness. We know that not all raters are doing an equally good job, so we're currently in the process of removing unreliable raters and ratings.

We want to ensure that what we release is going to be directly used in the leaderboard and therefore it will be possible to not only compute the accuracy of the perceptual quality methods, but also how well they would have been able to predict the final leaderboard.

Please stay tuned. I'm hopeful that in the next week we will release the crops and ratings.

--
The CLIC organizers