Challenge Paper

Pei You

Feb 18, 2021, 7:08:24 AM2/18/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear Organizer,

I would like to ask a few questions about the paper:

1. For attending the challenge track, is it necessary to submit a paper?
2. If so, what is the paper submission and review website?
3. Shall we follow CVPR style? Is there any page limitations?
4. Is there any policies we should follow?

I would be appreciate if you can share more details.
Thank you.

gtoderici

Feb 19, 2021, 12:24:20 PM2/19/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Sorry for the late reply. See answers inline.

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 4:08:24 AM UTC-8 yplo...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear Organizer,

I would like to ask a few questions about the paper:

1. For attending the challenge track, is it necessary to submit a paper?

Only if you'd like to be eligible for the prizes.

2. If so, what is the paper submission and review website?

Mar 23, 2021  - Paper submission deadline

3. Shall we follow CVPR style? Is there any page limitations?

4-pages, CVPR style. References can be placed on additional pages. It looks like our website refresh omitted this information. It will be fixed soon.

4. Is there any policies we should follow?

We will have both regular/challenge papers. For challenge papers we expect you to provide the team name as well. Papers will be linked from the leaderboard directly.

Pei You

Feb 22, 2021, 8:32:37 AM2/22/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear George,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll wait the website to announce more details of the paper submission.

Another questions I want to confirm.
We will also try to submit a paper to ICCV 2021, I'm not sure if there is any dual submission issue since we will also submit challenge paper to our workshop, and the algorithm has some similar designs.

gtoderici

Feb 22, 2021, 10:11:45 PM2/22/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
With respect to dual submission, ICCV has a policy to allow *workshop papers*, which are at or under *4 pages* (excluding references) to not be considered prior work.

A publication, for the purposes of this policy, is defined to be a written work longer than four pages (excluding references) that was submitted for review by peers for either acceptance or rejection, and, after review, was accepted. In particular, this definition of publication does not depend upon whether such an accepted written work appears in a formal proceedings or whether the organizers declare that such work “counts as a publication”.

The above definition does not consider an arXiv.org paper as a publication because it cannot be rejected. It also excludes university technical reports which are typically not peer reviewed. However, this definition of publication does include peer-reviewed workshop papers, even if they do not appear in a proceedings, if their length is more than four pages (excluding citations). Given this definition, any submission to ICCV should not have substantial overlap with prior publications or other concurrent submissions.

To recap, CLIC submissions qualify for publication in both ICCV and CVPR per these shared guidelines.

Please keep in mind the following, though: not all reviewers know this, and it's the responsibility of the meta-reviewer to inform them of this policy, if they couldn't be bothered to read it. If you do submit it to ICCV/CVPR and it gets rejected because of concerns such as it's duplicated work/no new materials, please be sure to quote this policy because it's designed to allow workshops such as ours to have proceedings.

George

Pei You

Feb 22, 2021, 11:24:56 PM2/22/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Dear George,

I see, thank you so much for your advice.

gtoderici

Feb 23, 2021, 11:04:41 AM2/23/21
to Workshop and Challenge on Learned Image Compression (CLIC)
Please see this twitter thread as well: